Perforated sheet from Europe's largest perforated plate warehouse
JAERA offers you the largest range of perforated sheets and plates in Europe. Discover our huge product selection of high-quality perforated sheets made of stainless steel, steel or aluminum. Choose from a wide range of different perforations, hole types, materials or dimensions - Perforated sheet can also be made to measure.
Trust in our more than 40 years of expertise, because Perforated sheet is what you buy from JAERA!
Three steps to your Perforated sheet
01Find productFind product with the filter function.
02Shopping cartAdd product Cart
03InquiryFill in the inquiry form. We will process your request within a few minutes.
Why should you buy Perforated sheet from JAERA?
Perforated sheet you buy from JAERA. We are your reliable supplier of Perforated sheet since 1982. Your advantages at JAERA:
All information about perforated plates
Perforated sheet are actually correctly referred to as perforated plates in accordance with DIN 24041. These are metal plates in which uniform holes are punched, lasered, pressed or rolled. There are different types of holes, such as slotted holes, square holes or round holes, which can have different hole sizes.
Perforated sheet are available in several materials, most commonly stainless steel, steel or aluminum. Thanks to the combination of high resistance and aesthetic appearance, Perforated sheet is used in industry as well as in creative work and crafts.
Perforated sheet have versatile applications, whether as decorative elements in creative crafts or with technical functions in industry. Perforated plates are suitable, for example, as covers, protective grids, linings, filters or screens. Here you will find some of the many possible uses of perforated plates:
Industry & Technology:
- Building services: ventilation systems, heating installations and facade cladding.
- Mechanical engineering: component of machine cladding or parts.
- Automotive industry: ventilation grilles, radiator grilles and other body elements.
- Electrical industry: As protective covers and housings for electronic components.
- Household appliances: use in products such as washing machines or dryers.
- Food processing: As sieves or filters for various production processes.
- Metalworking industry: For filtering, sorting and separating materials; in the production of metal products or as an insert in certain manufacturing processes.
Craft & creative work
- Gardening and landscaping: as garden gates, garden fences or decorative elements in gardens.
- Furniture design: for pieces of furniture, such as benches, shelving structures or tables.
- House & apartment: balcony railings, stair railings or bicycle racks
- Art projects: For sculptures, wall decorations or other creative applications.
- Craft DIY projects: For individual solutions, e.g. lampshades, shelves or partitions.
Perforated sheet are valued in various industries and applications for their versatile properties and advantages. They combine the strength and durability of metal sheets with the ability to create individual designs and functions through different perforations and material selection. This makes them in high demand for both technical and design applications.
You want to buy Perforated sheet ? Convince yourself of the advantages of our Perforated sheet:
- Versatility: Adaptable to different applications through different hole sizes, shapes and arrangements.
- Weight reduction: Due to the perforated structure, they are often lighter than solid sheets with similar strength.
- Permeability: Allow the flow of air, fluids and light, making them ideal for ventilation, filtration and lighting applications.
- Aesthetics: with different designs and surface treatments, they offer visual appeal for decorative purposes.
- Cost-effectiveness: Often less expensive to manufacture and install compared to other material solutions.
- Robustness: Despite the perforated structure, they maintain high mechanical strength and durability.
- Heat dissipation: In technical applications, they can contribute to improved heat dissipation.
- Good workability: Perforated sheet is easy to cut, shape and customize, allowing easy assembly and adaptation to specific requirements.
- Corrosion resistance: Many Perforated sheet, especially those made of stainless steel or other corrosion-resistant materials, provide excellent protection against rust and corrosion, which extends their service life.
- Hygiene: Perforated plates are easy to clean and can be kept sterile. Therefore, they can be used in sensitive areas with high hygiene standards.
Perforated plates are manufactured as semi-finished products, i.e. as prefabricated raw material for further processing. Their production begins with solid metal plates that have been shaped into the desired form by various processes. The plates are then given their holes by punching, pressing, rolling or laser cutting. Other processes include flame cutting or waterjet cutting.
Thanks to modern machines such as wide presses, automatic punching machines or special lasers, precise hole patterns in various shapes and sizes are created. Depending on the application, various materials such as stainless steel, aluminum or steel can be used. After this processing step, finishing and further processing can follow, which give the Perforated sheet its final properties and surface finish. These include:
- Forming processes such as bending, folding, profiling.
- Cutting by punching or laser
- Surface treatment by brushing, sandblasting or polishing
- Riveting, screwing, welding or soldering
- Coating and corrosion protection
Perforated plates are available in a wide variety of materials, which differ depending on the intended use. The most commonly used are Perforated sheet in stainless steel, steel or aluminum.
- Stainless steel: Perforated sheet made of stainless steel are rustproof, resistant to many chemicals, hygienic and durable. That is why they are used, for example, in chemical processing, outdoors or in food processing.
- Steel: Perforated sheet made of steel are very robust, versatile, relatively inexpensive and can be protected against corrosion by coatings or galvanizing. Steel is often used in mechanical engineering or construction.
- Aluminum: Perforated sheets made of aluminum are lightweight, corrosion-resistant and easy to shape, and they also offer high thermal and electrical conductivity. Aluminum is therefore used, for example, in vehicle construction or in the electronics sector.
- Copper: Excellent electrical conductivity, corrosion resistance and it provides an aesthetic luster. Uses include the electrical industry or decorative applications.
- Brass: Non-magnetic, easy to work with and offers a striking gold-like appearance. Therefore, it is suitable for decorative work, fittings or in the electrical industry.
Perforated sheet can be provided with the most diverse types of holes, which differ depending on the purpose of use, whether functional or decorative.
- Round holes: Uniformly distributed, round holes in various diameters. They can be made in straight or staggered rows.
- Square perforations: Uniformly spaced square holes with clear edges. They can be made in straight or staggered rows and provide uniform permeability in all directions.
- Oblong holes: Elongated holes, often with rounded corners. They allow a specific direction of permeability.
- Hexagonal holes: Hexagonal, honeycomb-like holes. They provide high stability with low material consumption.
- Slotted perforation: Narrow, elongated holes, similar to a slot. They allow high permeability in one direction.
- Creative perforation/decorative perforation: Can be made in specific shapes and arrangements according to customer requirements. Depending on the design specification, they often include combinations of the above shapes or completely unique designs.
Theoretically, Perforated sheet can be manufactured in a wide range of individual sizes. At JAERA we offer the following dimensions and thicknesses:
Dimensions perforated plate (mm):
- 1.000 x 2.000
- 1.250 x 2.500
- 1.500 x 3.000
Thickness perforated plate (mm):
- 0.4 to 10.0
- The perforation indicates the hole diameter.
- The pitch indicates the distance from center to center of adjacent holes. It defines how close the holes are arranged to each other and thus influences the stability of the sheet and the amount of Material between the holes.
- The Open area designates the percentage of the open area of a perforated plate in relation to the total area. This can be calculated from the perforation and the pitch. A high Open area means that a large area of the sheet is open (i.e. has many and/or large holes), while a low Open area indicates a denser pattern with less open area. This value is crucial for functions such as ventilation, filtration or light transmission.